Friday, January 09, 2009

Our Late Christmas Present

Our downstairs has always been a little cold in the wintertime, and so when we put the tile and hardwood floors, it just made it worse. I have always wanted a fireplace to go downstairs for the warmth, and the look, so when I found out about the electric fireplaces they have that are cheaper, and easy to install (you just plug it in), we started looking into getting one. I found a lot that I liked, but we had to keep it a certain highth because of the TV it was to go under (to hide all the ugly cords). I finally found one I liked...based off of the picture.....
Looks great, right? Oh, but I forgot to measure it...and it was WAY too small...it sure doesn't look like the above picture.

So, we sent it back and I ordered another one. It was suppose to be here a week before Christmas. We got the mantle, but the fireplace didn't show. After MANY phone calls, they finally got it shipped out and we got it this week. It has made such a difference in keeping our downstairs warm and I love the look.

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

That looks really good! I like it!

Aubrie said...

Looks great! I NEED a fireplace here in winter box Minnesota! And don't feel bad about not measuring! It's not one of my strong suits either : )