Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Summer comes to an end...

Well, summer is coming to an end. Today is my last day home. Tomorrow I start meetings and testing, and Wednesday is the 1st day of school. I am actually really excited for school to start. I love teaching, and this summer I took a couple classes, so I'm excited to make some changes in my teaching. We'll see how it goes. I'm teaching part-time again this year, and we are back on our crazy schedule with Casey working early mornings so he can be home by the time I leave.

I just had to post these pictures because I am so proud of Casey and I because of what we accomplished this summer! We have been working really hard at getting our yard to look green, and look how beautiful it is! When we moved in the grass was brown, weeds were everywhere, but Casey fixed the sprinklers, we brought in compost, and I was a crazy lady at 11:00 at night out there fertilizing in the middle of our summer storms. We got our garden planted late, so now we are finally getting some tomatoes and peppers, and I see little cucumbers, squash and zucchini on the vine. I'm so excited to eat those!

Here is the front yard...

The backyard. Most of this was dead when we moved in. Amazing what water and fertilizer can do!
My garden
The deck

You can kind of see our next project. The grass around the sandbox is dead, so we have tilled it, and are going to bring in more dirt and plant grass. It looked much worse, we were going to take out about half of the back yard, but Casey got the sprinklers working and it revived most of the grass, just not what was around the sandbox.
View from our back deck. Not the most beautiful view. It is the Country Club's shed. At least is it quiet and private.
We still have a lot to do, but that can wait for next summer...

2 comments:

Kristine said...

It looks awesome! You guys have done so much, and it looks so good!

Kirsten said...

It looks totally gorgeous. It can't be overstated how much yard work is. Congrats!

Also, how much fun is that giant sandbox?